Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wife Rule #46 Revisit

Always remember than in marriage you are part of a team. It is you and your wife against the world, and always make sure you have your wife's back.

This is good advice that I received during premarital counseling. I wish I would have listened.

On the day of this original post, my wife came home upset and instead of listening and sympathizing, I went into guy mode and offered a litany of suggestions on how to fix the problem and how she could have done things differently.

She, of course, felt devastated that I seemed to take the other side of the argument. All she wanted was support from me and instead of listening I made it seem like she was wrong.

Always support your wife. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wife Rules on Facebook