Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wife Rule #36 Revisit

The phrase, "are you ready to go to bed" is not a question. It is a statement that means, "go get ready for bed, because I want to go to sleep."

My wife is not normally passive-aggressive. She normally is very direct in what she wants. However when it comes to going to bed, she is subtle.

As the evening wears on she will ask me "are you ready for bed?"

Generally my answer is "in a bit dear..."

Well as the night goes on the asking becomes more frequent, and more insistent. The question slowly become a command.

Most nights she winds up going to bed in a huff before I am ready to, but there are times that when that question becomes a command that it is not worth ignoring. oh well, I was getting tired anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wife Rules on Facebook